THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU


HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!
What an amazing night!!
I am proud to announce that we raised a total of
$2000 for beyondblue
Better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick (as my Dad used to say)

Everybody looked absolutely incredible and the effort that went into the costumes was
mind-blowing!  I've got the say the bar has been set really high.
I can honestly say that the night was such a massive success that I have decided that I will be holding another Fancy Dress Disco for beyondblue in 2016.
 
I want to say thank you to the following people who, without them the night wouldn't have happened at all:
 
Ebony the function manager at Club Greenslopes for providing such a great venue
The bar and kitchen staff and the Chef for their service and fantastic menu. Everybody was raving about how delicious the food was.
 
Nikki from Instathat for taking 50 million photos on your little magic Instathat printing box. This was a total winner & highlight for everybody. Best idea EVER. I really appreciate you capturing such funny, hilarious, fun memories.
 
DJ Sara & MC Dave for playing my ultimate playlist and keeping everybody dancing like maniacs ALL NIGHT. The dance mix was almost TOO good and I reckon a few people sweated out about a hundred litres of sweat they were dancing so much.
 
My amazing friends for taking care of the raffles, for helping me clean up at the end of the night and for being so funny and hilarious and for telling me that everything is going to be ok when I was stressing. You guys are my other family and I am just so blessed to have you in my life.
 
My Mum for donating the balloons to decorate the room. They really add to the whole disco vibe and made the room look spectacular. Seriously, you can NEVER have too many balloons.
 
Danielle from Black Lagoon Designs for designing, creating & donating the fantastic trophies for Best Costume and Best Group Costume. They were just brilliant. Not only are you bloody gorgeous but so talented.
 
ALL of the wonderful wonderful sponsors (see the right side of this screen) who donated goods to the raffle packs. There were so many comments about how incredible the raffles were.  You all really contributed so much by donating such wonderful gifts.
 
My gorgeous hunka husband Mick who puts up with my tantrums, stress-out attacks, anxiety and perfectionism and is always there to give me a hug and tell me everything is going to be fine. He is my rock and I love him to the ends of Earth & back.
 
Everybody who shared the event via email or Facebook. Bless your cotton socks
 
Facebook for providing a platform to promote this event. Love ya Facey-Bees.
 
Everyone who couldn't come along but donated either goods or money. Every little bit helps so thank you so much.
 
Everyone who came along. Made an incredible effort to get dressed up in great costumes to dance, act crazy, laugh and support a great organisation. Seriously people you are just amazing. Your costumes, your attitude, your sense of fun and your sense of charity.
I just wanted to hug each and every one of you.
 
And thank you to beyondblue for providing support, encouragement, education and hope to people (like myself) who have mental illness and also to those that care for them.
Without beyondblue there would be a lot of people not knowing where to turn or what to do.
 
I am very proud to be a fundraiser campaigner for beyondblue.
 
xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxxoo
 
Stay tuned: 
I will be posting all the photos over the coming week
(there are A LOT of photos!!! LOL)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTATHAT MAGIC

About Instathat

HOW AWESOME IS THIS !

On the night..... All you need to do is upload your photos to Instagram using the Fancy Dress Disco-specific hashtag.
#fdcdbb

Almost like magic, your Instagram photos are then printed by the Instathat Live Instagram Printer.

Gorgeous little square Instagram photos for you to keep!!
FOR FREE.... yes FREE!



THE VENUE

About Club Greenslopes

Club Greenslopes are a not-for-profit Bowls & Community Club with a passionate mission to provide a welcoming meeting place for our neighbourhood and broader Brisbane.
A place ... to play bowls, billiards, pinball, darts or Wii... to meet up with friends over a few drinks ... to dine on fresh, delicious food ... to listen to local live music ... to have a party or function ... or just to relax after a long day!